Ann
Ann
  • Medford, OR

Pallet Wood Planter Project

$12.00

Recycled pallet boards cover nursery pots for cheap, easy vintage style planters.
Restyle a nursery pot using pallet boards!
Nursery pots are big and cheap. Pallet wood is free. It's like a match made in DIY heaven!
pallet wood planter project, container gardening, gardening, pallet, repurposing upcycling
Try your pallet boards on for size and cut to length. This planter is 23 gallon size.
Fasten boards leaving a wider gap at the top.
Brads inside pot look like Sarlac teeth (two points for Star Wars reference!) Bend them downward with pliers.
The planters were $6 each. The pallet wood was free. We're going to try this on some BIG tree planter pots NEXT!
Ann

• JadAbb

Where did you get 23 gallons pots for $6 ?!!

• Ann

Our local tree farm! They even have bigger ones if I want them. They charge $11 for those. Every nursery that sells trees has these big pots. Sometimes they give them away. Just ask!!

• Nikki

Where do you get free wood pallets

• Ann

By asking wherever I saw them. I got a few from the Walmart nursery, others from the Habitat for Humanity store, still others from friends and neighbors. I am always on the lookout for good pallets. It can't hurt to ask!

• Emmanuelle

My friend on the local hatware store recommend some gavy duty silicone instead of nails faster and it gives a better look inside and you do not have a million nails to bend water resistant and at the same time protects the wood -you can even use hot silicone what do you think ?

• MBRATTY

I was wondering the same thing. I know it would be more water resistant and do you really want to put your hand in a pot with a bunch of nails even if they are turned down. Enough rust could hurt plants.

• Helen Befort

*****I'm going to try this in the spring ! ! ! Very good idea Ann. Thank you!!*****

• LaNell

I want to do this, but plan to attach the boards by using screws from the inside. Then I won't have to deal with sharp nails.