Pallet Wood Planter Project

$12.00

Recycled pallet boards cover nursery pots for cheap, easy vintage style planters.
Restyle a nursery pot using pallet boards!
Nursery pots are big and cheap. Pallet wood is free. It's like a match made in DIY heaven!
Try your pallet boards on for size and cut to length. This planter is 23 gallon size.
Fasten boards leaving a wider gap at the top.
Brads inside pot look like Sarlac teeth (two points for Star Wars reference!) Bend them downward with pliers.
The planters were $6 each. The pallet wood was free. We're going to try this on some BIG tree planter pots NEXT!
Ann

• JadAbb

Where did you get 23 gallons pots for $6 ?!!

• Ann

Our local tree farm! They even have bigger ones if I want them. They charge $11 for those. Every nursery that sells trees has these big pots. Sometimes they give them away. Just ask!!

• Nikki

Where do you get free wood pallets

• Mari Tarasovich

Sometimes the Facebook marketplace has them cheap or free. Any kind of website like that has pallets off and on just look for them.

• Emmanuelle

My friend on the local hatware store recommend some gavy duty silicone instead of nails faster and it gives a better look inside and you do not have a million nails to bend water resistant and at the same time protects the wood -you can even use hot silicone what do you think ?

• Cla2012763

Both ideas are great, the silicone is easier and faster thanks to both of you 🤓🤓

• Dsouther

Hi Ann. I really like this project idea. It is a great way to use pallet wood for out of doors. However, I would like to remind your readers to be careful about bringing pallet wood into their homes. Pallet wood is often infested with bugs and has been sprayed with substances like formaldehyde. Heaven only knows where these pallets have been placed and stored. Please remember that palIets come from all over the world. Just saying. Best Regards.

• Linda

i really liked it and can't wait to try my own..I think i'll paint my pots with some bright colors too.