10 Simple Steps to Update an Outdated Brass Light Fixture.

$7

If you have ever considered buying a whole new light fixture just because the existing one seems outdated, think again. Step back and examine the curves and lines of the fixture itself, and imagine how that same light might look with a simple coat of spray paint on it. Is it a good candidate for an upcycle?
Check out the before and after of my dining room chandelier. Instead of sticking out like a sore thumb, my light fixture now blends in with the room and looks beautiful. All for the price of a can of spray paint!
10 simple steps to update an outdated brass light fixture, home decor, lighting
This can of paint will be your new BFF.
Before- the brass chandelier is the first thing your eye is drawn to in the room.  It's way too bright.
Before- the brass chandelier is the first thing your eye is drawn to in the room. It's way too bright.
Now I know that fiddling with electricity can be a scary proposition for some people, but you might be surprised just how simple it is to remove a light fixture and put it back up. We have changed out many light fixtures in our houses over the years, and the hardest part is usually doing the heavy lifting while someone twists the wires in place.
Here is a sneak peek at the final result. I'm SO HAPPY with the way it turned out!!
To help you DIY this in your home, I am walking you though the simple process on the blog today!
Please come take a look at the final reveal and pin it for later!
Beth at Unskinny Boppy