Round Coffee Table Turns Into Tufted Ottoman

FB yardsale purchase of a round coffee table gave me a vision of something else.
This is the before pic of the in great condition round coffee table. Clean it up and sand the rough edges.
The easy to work with Java Gel stain (like a consistency of pudding). Java gel is by General Finishes. I purchase it at a Woodcraft store. I did 3 coats one each day. I really didn't need to do the top but at the time I wasn't sure the direction I was going.
I cut out a round foam piece gluing it down in a few places to keep it from slipping(Hobby Lobby) and stretched my fabric tight and stapled it under the wood of the first tier. (Later I glued black felt on the stapled after the fabric was trimmed nice and neat) Now I didn't think it looked like I wanted so I decided to tuft it. FABRIC PURCHASED AT HOBBY LOBBY STORE: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/duc1-21-penmenship-onyx-natural-fabric-134957/
I took the easy route. I laid my buttons where I wanted them. Then I stapled the fabric down and came back around and used fabric glue and some super glue to put the buttons on. Now I had made sure my buttons would fit the area before I did this. I actually was on the second set of buttons because the first ones were to big. Saw some comments about the buttons. I did not sew these in before hand so I had to use buttons that would fit that space and glue down.
Closer up view. Don't forget to treat the fabric with a stain repellant. UPDATE: @ChristineDamm left a tip to use Fabric guard or Soil guard instead of the scotch guard for longer lasting effect.
My friend bought this from me and she has it loaded down with all the books she reads. A cozy little reading area and added seating if needed. Put a tray down and it can still be a coffee table area, or put your feet up and relax. If you follow me you'll see I love french stuff. See things as I do them on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/shuggysplace

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home