Pot Farm! Or....Pot Rack! -- Kitchen Storage

My sister came home for a visit last summer. She lives in Alaska where she eats fresh muskox, sunbathes nude, doesn't wear deodorant, and doesn't shave.
Perhaps you really are what you eat.
Not my actual sister.
Not my actual sister.
She's extremely opinionated (she would argue this description and say that she's simply right...about everything).
Her latest crusade is to rid all households of every ounce of aluminum. "THOSE POTS ARE MADE OF ALUMINUM! Don't use them unless you want to get ALZHEIMER'S!"
I replied, "Who are you and how did you get past my security trolls?!? Don't eat my dog!!!"
I have an old set of pots (Phil bought them a long time ago--a very nice set) that are aluminum. Gina freaked out.
pot farm or pot rack, kitchen design, storage ideas, wall decor
So like a good little sheeple, I followed her to Costco where I bought a beautiful, shiny new set of stainless steel pots and pans. They really are lovely.
I got home, ready to purge the offending aluminum, when I re-read the bottom of the pots. WEAR-EVER ALUMINUM (Plus Stainless Inner-Clad)..... Oops.
And made in the USA. Yeah, like I'm going to get rid of those.
Needless to say I still kept my new set.
But now I need somewhere to put all this crap. Because my pantry is still the dumping ground.
My husband is a dang genius and designed a pot rack for my new toys. We acquired some FREE rough-sawn cedar from our neighbor. He measured and cut the frame, and using his Kreg pocket screw Jig, drilled the pocket holes for the screws to connect the pieces.
We bought 3/4" copper pipe, elbows, threaded fittings, and cast iron floor flanges to attach them to the frame. Philly (my hubby) soldered the fittings to the elbows, inserted the fittings into the flanges, then screwed them to the frame.
Don't hate me because I've got 2 inches on the window frame.
(The crossbars are not soldered to the elbows, allowing hooks to be added or subtracted at a later date.)
The overall look was great.
But something vital was missing. Oh...there it is! This is a pot farm, after all.
I printed and cut out my letters, tacked them to my board, then traced them. Phil played with his router, then I filled the letters in with antique copper metallic craft paint.
I was initially going to add a marijuana leaf to the sign, but Phil was mortified.
"We're going to have neighbors over and they're going to think we smoke pot!"
Me: "What neighbors? We have no friends. No one is coming over. Even if they do, do you suppose they have no sense of humor (like you)? Besides, it's our damn house and I'll do what I like."
In an attempt to foster an acceptable blood-pressure level, I decided to leave off the leaf.
But just for fun:
**Just to clarify...the new set IS stainless steel. The old set is LINED with stainless steel, so I kept both sets...which is why I needed the pot farm!**
I'd love for you to come visit me at my blog linked below!
-andi
Delusions of ingenuity

• Carol Brieger

Is there enough room to tuck the lids behind the hanging pots on the copper rods?

• Dixie Lee

I did this in my kitchen for my cast iron. I put a shelf over each rail for my old kitchen gizmos. Your idea looks w-a-a-y better than mine! Great job!

• Buster Bentley

Where did you purchase the hooks?

• LOVE your sense of humor!!! Why don't most men appreciate a good sense of humor????

• Dixie Lee

• Pgd4244118
    3 hours ago

This is terrific and you made me smile!