Dye Easter Eggs With Silk Ties

$10.00

Our favorite Eggs are done with silk ties. They come out with gorgeous detail and unwrapping them is always fun! Did I mention that they are super easy? :)
First, head over to your local thrift store to pick up some silk ties. Be sure that you are getting ties that are made with 100% silk. Darker colors transfer better than pastels. And don't be afraid of lots of details! (Pssst.....sometimes the ugliest ties make the prettiest eggs!)
Turn the tie to the back and just cut along the stitching line. Be sure not to go all the way through, you just want to 'open up' the tie. Inside the tie is a a lining fabric - pull that out, you just want the silk part.
Place an egg (no need to hard boil first) with the print side up on the tie.
Wrap the tie tightly around the egg. And secure with a rubber band. (Honestly - we used hair ties!)
Find a white fabric - either a flour sack or even an old t-shirt. Cut it into pieces and wrap over the egg/tie and secure.
Find out the final steps on our blog! You won't believe how easy it is! http://itsafabulouslife.com/how-to-dye-easter-eggs-with-silk-ties/
How cool is this egg with the man riding the old fashioned bicycle?
Note: These pretty eggs are just for decoration - not for eating. I'm not sure if the dye penetrates through the egg, but just in case, I would make some different ones for snacking and leave these to getting oohs and ahhs from friends and family! :)

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Amanda Faulkner

• Belinda Flanery
    Belinda Flanery

Aren’t silk ties expensive? Then why cut them up an make eggs with them?🤦‍♀️

• Holley
    Holley

Does it matter how much water is in the pan? Just add the 1/4 c of vinegar to however much water?

• Shirley
    Shirley

Instead of using real eggs, why not use fake ones. I bought a dozen craft eggs at Walmart for $1.99. The dye beautifully, so would probably work for this. Can be used year after year!! 😃0

• Jeri Boyd
    Jeri Boyd

Got a 404 error message when I tried to go to your blog.

• Debbie
    Debbie

I've made these for years and love how they look. I blow my eggs out then fill the holes with hot glue/chalk. So they don't get water in them. I save from year to year just packing away in an egg carton.i also spray with polyurethane.