Keeping the clutter off the counter

$110.00

Do you hate the various piles on your kitchen counter? One of my top goals this year is to stop the clutter. With the simple addition of a wall storage system I was able to organize my kitchen supplies as well as miscellaneous items. ‪
Four baskets and two caddies; for cooking items, sugar and coffee, tea, cells phones and drying dishes.
7.5 feet of wall storage means a clean counter!
A drying station for the little things.
Decorative accessories keep it functional and pretty!

No. 29 Design

• Pro1388622

Where do I find the baskets and rods that you used to clear the clutter from your counters?

, This was taken off your hometalk post
  • Kathy Harris

I am soooo going to do this! Where did you find the jars with blackboard labels? IKEA? Thanks for such a great idea! ~Kathy

• Kathy Harris

In the "Keeping the clutter off the counter" feature (using IKEA items), I would like to know where you found the glass canisters with chalkboard label on the front. Thanks! ~Kathy (klizharris@yahoo.com)

• Kathy Harris

I don't have a question, but want to thank you for responding to my inquiry as to where you got the canisters (Target). I went to IKEA yesterday and purchased the wall system, installed it this morning. It not only functions so well, but is so pretty! I can't thank you enough for contributing this idea! My picture shows the results. It also shows a messy kitchen, as I'm still in the process of moving in. But, this made me feel like I'm really getting somewhere! 😍

, I have two counter areas on each side of the sink that are 2 feet wide so this wall system from IKEA really helps me make progress as I m moving in and have no place for anything
    • No. 29 Design

This has to be the nicest comment I’ve received in my 4 years of blogging! Thank you for including some pictures. You just made my day!!!!!

• Rebecca Aydelotte

Kathy may I ask how you attached the brackets to the tile wall?

• Kathy Harris

Rebecca, the walls are concrete block, but tile would be similar in that it would require a masonry bit (which is what I used). I used masonry screws. A trick I learned (as all the walls in my rental are concrete block), is to insert broken toothpick(s) in the drilled holes if the screws end up being too loose in the holes. Works fantastic and I do this in many applications. Even though my place is a rental, it's an old place and has many previous holes that were patched. If you have smooth tile, you'd want to be sure of your placement as with tile it is hard to patch holes. It'd be best to have a couple of spare tiles saved for just that purpose and replacing a tile or two IS doable. I hope this is helpful.

• Tammy Baker

This is gorgeous! Love it!!!

• Teresa

Thank you Cathy, although I'm not crazy about my backsplash tile ( we inherited it with our house purchase) my husband will maybe more opened to drilling holes in the tile if I can find replacement tiles to have on hand! Did you find the jars at Target recently?

• Nmo4704166

I love this! Where did you purchase the rod and baskets?

• Jackie Byrd

I'm all for having less stuff on the counters so I have to ask: where is the toaster oven, electric mixer, can opener, stick blender, slow cooker and cooking utensils?

• WENDY

I'd have to ask the same thing. I cook a lot, and from scratch. My clutter is my small kitchen appliances. I really love the idea, and her kitchen is gorgeous. A very nice touch.

• Marguerite Crain

yes, where are all those pesky appliances?

• Jonna Martin

Can opener and mixer in kitchen cabinet

• Jackie Byrd

Oh, great Joanna Martin, you've been to see this kitchen. Are the can opener and electric mixer in a cabinet with electrical outlets? Or does she have to take them out of the cabinet, plug them in, use them, then reverse the process to put them back in the cabinet? And what about the toaster oven and other common small appliances?

• Jonna Martin

I do not have an outlet but that would be ideal

• Cindy Raedel

It is too difficult for me (a senior) to pull out all those pesky appliances every time I need them and put them back. I have to place my microwave on the counter and coffee pot. I rent, and cannot drill holes in the cabinets to mount anything.

• Che27462931

I am fortunate enough to have an appliance garage with 2 outlets inside. It makes a huge difference.

• Robyn

Do you know where I can find or order the baskets. I live in Ohio. Having trouble finding baskets. Thank you

• Eke25162096

where did you get these from?
  • Ann32513223

Hello,

Could you please tell me where you found these black wire/metal baskets/hangers with the handles? I've checked Ikea and other places but can't find them. Thank you.

Ann.johnson1151@comcast.net

• Ann32513223

Hello,

Ann.johnson1151@comcast.net

• Polly Johnson

I would also like to know where you found the baskets and hardware

• Marisela Almeida

Please share where you bought the baskets and rod.

Thank You

• Marisela Almeida

Where did you buy the baskets and rod, please?.

Thank you

• Humaira

I would like yo know where did you get the baskets?

• Jackiesbichon

Where did you get the rod,hooks,and baskets? Please respond!!!!!

• Sharlene clair

Amazon has some organizing sets. Also try Home e Depot, Lowe’s, Menards. Google Wall organization baskets, etc

• Pamela Housley-Lanham

Where can you buy baskets like this ?

• Lou

I too would like to know where you got the rod, baskets and hooks used.

Thank you

• Paula

I also would like to know where you got the materials for this project as I have no counter space in my house either

• Linda

Did the questions get answered about where to find the supplies for this project? Are we looking at a curtain rod, not lengthened out all the way to keep it stronger? And where do the baskets come from please?

• DC

Thank you everyone that answered where to find the items I too wanted to know .. I wish those posting would take the time to answer their followers. It is very disappointing when simple questions are not answered, and frustrating when it is something you feel inspired to do and are stumped with not knowing how