Home Repair Tutor
Home Repair Tutor
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Dishwasher Not Cleaning Properly? 5 Quick Tips to Make it Like New

$20

There's nothing worse than seeing gritty residue at the bottom of your drinking glass.
This is especially true if you have company at your house, it's the holidays, and your wife is the one who spotted the problem. So what's the solution?
Here are a few tips that helped us with our dishwasher's efficiency
+Use a granular dishwasher soap instead of gel
+Clean sprayer arms with picture hanging wire and a white vinegar bath
+Remove grit and reside from fine and coarse filters
+Check underneath the coarse filter for grime
+Eliminate hard water scale buildup with Lemi Shine
You can check out my post for additional tips, pictures, and a few short videos. The videos are less than 4 minutes but they take you on a tour of the inside of our dishwasher. You'll discover ideas that will get your dishes looking better within 24 hours :)
Here's the link http://www.homerepairtutor.com/dishwasher-not-cleaning/
One of our New Years resolutions is to keep our dishwasher's cleaning efficiency like it was on day 1.
If you have some tips please share them, pretty please (for the safety of husbands everywhere).
dishwasher not cleaning properly 5 quick tips to make it like new, appliances, cleaning tips, Dishwasher not cleaning properly
Dishwasher not cleaning properly?
dishwasher not cleaning properly 5 quick tips to make it like new, appliances, cleaning tips, Remove debris from sprayer arms and soak them in white vinegar
Remove debris from sprayer arms and soak them in white vinegar.
dishwasher not cleaning properly 5 quick tips to make it like new, appliances, cleaning tips, Supplies for cleaning your dishwasher You can almost never go wrong with white vinegar and baking soda
Supplies for cleaning your dishwasher. You can almost never go wrong with white vinegar and baking soda.
dishwasher not cleaning properly 5 quick tips to make it like new, appliances, cleaning tips, Clean the fine filter so grit and grime aren t just sitting around in your dishwasher
Clean the fine filter so grit and grime aren't just sitting around in your dishwasher.
dishwasher not cleaning properly 5 quick tips to make it like new, appliances, cleaning tips, Check underneath the coarse filter for scale buildup
Check underneath the coarse filter for scale buildup.
Home Repair Tutor

• Yilliang Peng

Thank you so much for the great advice written here about what to do in order to make your dishwasher work more effectively. My wife and I live in a rather old home and have been using the same dishwasher for years. Unfortunately, it does not run as well as we would like it to. I definitely will try to use a granular dishwasher soap insteal of a gel pack! Thank you! http://www.eliteapplianceshobart.com.au/kitchen/

• Nev31655567

This is a big help for me. I am retired and need all the help I get.