Spare Bedroom turned Walk in closet.

$200

I have been working on a few large projects lately. I finally got around to getting one of those semi-done. I say that because of course nothing I do is ever fully finished because I love change and finding new ways to dress up different rooms through out my home. This room was actually my office/craft room before. However, things changed. We live in a large house with 2 extra bedrooms we don't use so we turned them into a sort of his and hers office. The closets are pretty small because it is an older home and I had clothes, shoes, and dressers scattered in almost every room because of the lack of space. I was tired of going from room to room to find anything. The fact that the closets were so full drove me nuts. I finally decided that because I work now and the basement is slowly but surely getting transformed into a family room I figured that I could eventually put all the crafts down there and have a desk for the kids. I wanted a clean space, so I had my husband build a closet in my once office/craft room. Oh, how much I love being able to have all of my clothes in one room. I tried to make it a little stylish with some things I had but eventually I would like to paint the walls and doors, put in a chandelier light, and eventually have all the same colored hangers. LOL. I know that may take a bit. For now it works and it was less that 200 dollars.
craft room turned dressing closet room on a budget, bedroom ideas, closet, organizing, repurposing upcycling
Someday I'd like to collect enough white hangers so that they may all match but for now I used the large quantity of rainbow colors that I had. ; )
The desk was originally red that I had bought from Target last winter. I decided to paint a few different shades of blue over it and dry brush it with white for a beachy feel. * no real wood was hurt for this project. : )
My bookshelves full of my books, arts, special photos, handmade trinkets, and knickknacks of my favorite things.

Kimberly Noelle

• Afton

I am wanting to do this to a spare bedroom in my house; where do you get the bars and elbows to connect to the wall?!? Or what are they called? Love how it looks.

• Annie

My Closet Is Very Similar This...I Got My Closet Items From Lowe’s...Very Reasonable...Home Depot May Have Items As Well...Hope I Could Help...

• MissLiesl

where did you buy the clothes racks with the shelves above? Could you post a link? I love the idea

• Denise

When I converted a bedroom to walkin closet, I used two sets of Rubbermaid Configurations. You can configure them any way you want. Comes with everything but the hangers and drill.

• A

Looks great but be sure to protect your clothing from sun damage. I did this and everything became bleached on one side! Use UV film on the windows or black them out all together and install great lighting.
    • Greyssis

I hung cling film in my closet window and it’s UV blocking. It was super easy to put up. I measured my window panes and then cut the film. I followed the directions: clean the glass and dry, wet a cloth with warm soapy water, peel the backing off the film and put it on the prepped pane, squeegee with something like a credit card (I used a spent gift card), wipe all of the excess soapy water, and voila! I think it’s by “Rabbitgoo.”

• Canaan Rice

Ive been begging hubs to do this to our spare we gave big closets but i need more Space

This is going to help ne convince him !!! Thankx