Mason Jar Blue Headboard Bench

Hi friends! Today I'm excited to be sharing this beautiful milk painted headboard that I transformed into a bench. I found this at the thrift store for $30.
It was quite beat up to start:
The first step was cutting the foot board in half to create the new sides. I used my Kreg Jig Jr to create pilot holes so that I could attach the new sides to the back at nice flush 90 degree angles. I also added the piece across the front to help hold the seat slats.
For this piece I used milk paint from Junque Boutique. This color is Mason Jar Blue and I just love it! Milk paint comes in a powder form and requires mixing with water.
For the seat slats, I used pieces of scrap wood I found in the garage.
I love how milk paint gives you these chippy, very natural looking results.
It can be unpredictable though in that you can get more flaking that you desire. I ended up sanding the back of this piece and repainting it to get the look I wanted.
I just love the color!
It fits in perfectly in this corner of my dining room!
If I left this unpainted with all that wear, for sale in my booth, it would never sell. Now it has a whole new chance to be treasured for years to come.
For more details on how to build a bench from a headboard and to see the rest of the makeovers I have completed in my March Madness, 31 Thrifty Makeovers in 31 Days series, click over to my blog at the link below!
Confessions of a Serial DIYer

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 5 questions

Comments

2 of 184 comments
  • Joanie Joanie on Mar 19, 2019

This is really pretty and would match really good in my large room........:(( I'd love to own it.

• Deborah Deborah 3 days ago

Gorgeous!!!!!

I love everything about this bench. My brother-in-law has made a few as well.

Very unique and very beautiful. I love yours and the colour choice is stunning.

❤️ Deborah

Next