Spring Daffodils From Keurig K-Cups

Did you know that K-Cups are NOT recyclable in more than 90% of households. The plastic is heat resistant and is not easily melted down for reuse. Even if you throw them in your recycling bins, they will be removed upon sorting. Most KCups end up in landfills. So anytime I can reuse them, I try.
With spring around the corner I immediately saw a daffodil 'trumpet' when I looked at my KCups and this craft idea was born. Using Cardstock and spraypaint I was able to transform what would otherwise end up in a landfill, into a festive and "spring-y" piece of art!
I created this three dimensional pallet artwork with leftover supplies I had lying around. (Recycled K-Cups, Cardstock and vinyl)
First I spray painted some KCups that I cleaned out
Then I cut the petals out of yellow cardstock and folded them to give them dimension
I stained some pallet wood to create a rustic backdrop to attach the flowers to
See the final project here: http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2015/03/Keurig-KCup-Daffodil-Flowers.html
or by clicking the link below:
TheKimSixFix

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 131 comments
Next