Make a Garden Planter From a Mailbox!

When driving with a friend past her bank of mailboxes, we turned to see a workman replacing an OLD with a NEW mailbox for my friend’s next door neighbor. ‘Hmmm, would they be tossing out the old one,’ we asked?
That’s how this mailbox eventually came into my possession. I love it,…it’s big and heavy! I know just what I’ll do, and you all will see the result…someday soon.
Lesson:
It pays to let your friends know you like old junk for the garden..
Step by step instructions for your new mailbox planter!
A friend snagged this mailbox for me, nice and heavy and perfect for my future planter as we passed the workman removing it.
I protested,..’no, don’t bother,…really! Oh, no, please don’t ask!’ But my friend had already walked over to talk to her neighbor’s house saying, ‘if it was for me I wouldn’t, but for you….’ Oh, my! Embarrassing!
I show you how to (safely) cut out a section
Simple supplies,...planting is the fun part!
Who doesn't love spray paint?

Flea Market Gardening

• Dee B

Nice! Looks pretty. My mail lady actually gave me a slightly rusty dirty mailbox because the door broke on mine. I sanded and painted it almost that same shade of blue to match the trim on my house. I kept the old one with the broken door. Now I know what I can do with it. Thanks!

• Carey

I painted flowers on an old mailbox and that is where I have stored small garden tools for a very long time. Works like a charm. Now I will be looking for another similar one to do this with!!! Great idea. BTW: My daughter slipped my little Doxxy Puppy into a mailbox when she was visiting and I took a picture! It turned out just to cute!! She laughed and said she was mailing him! - no postage!