Asked on Mar 23, 2015

Uses for this tub/cart

CaroleGracePeteKelly S
+5

It was used on a track in an old pottery, it has the original wheels and a drain port. I am thinking about using it as a large fountain and adding a shelf for other plants to sit on. What are your ideas??
  • Marion Nesbitt
    Marion Nesbitt

I'd position it in a sunny location, and make it into a jumbo size planter for flowers, herbs, etc. since it has a drain. You could also paint it with metal paint, add a stencil - no end of ideas.

• Mary Wheeler
    Mary Wheeler

Thanks Marion!!

• Margaret Pizzi
    Margaret Pizzi

What a great find. This could make a really, really awesome planter. Whether its a lush array of flowers or a fountain I think it would be awesome with vibrant color rather than something sedate. I have a "thing" for different so if you did a fountain I would paint it something really eye catching and unexpected like paisley.

• Ellen DeVilbiss
    Ellen DeVilbiss

With that lovely depth, how about a water garden AND a fountain. At least a gentle bubbler, not a tall spray. No need for shelves, just set some pots on top of upside down ones so they aren't submerged. Check your garden center for specfic plants.

• Mary Wheeler
    Mary Wheeler

Thanks Margaret, I love the bright and the paisley!! Ellen - love that idea as well!!

• Kelly S
    Kelly S

Perfect for growing potatoes and other root vegetables.

• GracePete
    GracePete

Please don't paint it! The aged patina is priceless.

• Carole
    Carole

Raised garden bed for sure. Either ornamentals or vegies. Put it in a spot where it will get at least 6 hours of sun per day if you opt to grow vegies in in.