Canning Ring Carrot Wreath

I recently spent a good long while pondering a cute easter wreath. I was hoping to use some products I had on hand in an effort to do more zero dollar projects. I'm a huge proponent of using what you've got and not piling up lots of useless junk. That being said you should see my basement! But since we moved in I've tried ridiculously hard to use things I've bought when it comes to our blog posts. Utilizing this method, our canning ring carrot wreath was devised :)
We started with the canning ring tops, and I arranged them to find a shape I actually thought would look like a carrot.
Next I spray painted the tops two different colors of orange. Ironically I had them left over from a prior project! We debated glue versus nail gun and went with nail gun to actually attach these. We had also cut a carrot shaped piece of wood and spray painted that as well, you can see it below.
Next we attached each canning ring top like so!
When that was done we cut each green ring and twisted them to form the carrot sprig on the very top.
We hooked another ring on the back to hang the carrot, and the rest is history!

Way of the Glue Gun

• Np

Did you use large or small canning lids or a combination of both sizes? Also what size rings for the green? Thank you

• Larky Griggs Walker

Just change the colors a bit and you do have a slice of pizza, minus the sprig...thanks for the idea!
  • Jennifer Lucky

I write a daily blog for a retail store we own in Saskatoon in Canada www.charterhouseinteriors.com and I would dearly love to pass this great project along to anyone who clicks on our website. If you would grant permission to use this in whole, or in part, with the proper credits to you and links to your blog I would be grateful. Please email me at jlucky@sasktel.net either way.

• Debra Rowland

How did you prepare the lids for the spray paint? My spray paint is looking like it has oil or water making a terrible look. Debra

• Bridget

The url to website is broken when I click the link

• Fireandrain

I thought it was a pizza slice lol

• Shelli

Me too. Prob make it longer and a little bit thinner. But it looked cute as 🍕