Organize On A Budget – Vanity Refresh

How do you store your makeup? Is your vanity area organized? I tried last year; however, per usual, I was not happy with the outcome and it was a perfect project for my Organize on a Budget series. So come along. My DIY two-tier tray is perfect for removing clutter from the top of any surface and inexpensive as well.
A can of black spray paint and a tube of E6000 glue and viola a two-tier storage stray.
The trays did not match but spraying them the same color make them look like they belong together.
No more clutter. There is space for everything on this tray.
I also reorganized the drawer space of the vanity. See more on my site. It is a true transformation.

Clearissa Coward

• Maid Of The Mist

I made one, but couldn't find the rotating base anywhere. I tried thrift shops for a micro-wave base and Home DePot for a base, to no avail. Can anyone give me an idea where to purchase a rotating base that I would "glue" on? Thanks.

• Olivia Payne-Tinson

An idea: get 2-pie pans, bag of marbles, glue.

glue 1-pie pan the top to the bottom of your plate/base in the middle, let dry per instructions & something heavy on top for a strong hold.

Fill 2nd pan with the marbles.

Place dried pan with base/plate inside of 2nd pan.

Turn base/plate on top of the marbles that are now between.

Hope this helped!

• Lisa Wearsch

What kind of plates/pans work the best? Tried heavy duty thick plastic plates.. But when tried anything more along the line of metal, we cant get it to stick properly (top would keep tipping off if her nail polish bottles weren't exactly semetrical). Thank you so much for your time.

• Clearissa Coward

I used chargers instead of plates and they worked fine for me. Oh and I used E6000 to glue everything. It worked fine. I hope this works better for you.

• How about gluing the bottom plate to a revolving tray first, then you can turn your tray as needed.

• Clearissa Coward

That is an excellent idea Carol. I will keep that in mind for future trays. Thanks.

• Kay

Home Talk has a simular post this email.
    They make the same thing useing clear plates and candel holder's. Check it out! They are absolutely stunning! Kay Adelaide Australia

• Lisa Wearsch

I am so sorry .. The site wouldnt let me see these posts until I sent my first question... So using glass plates with a glass candle holder seems to be the most sturdy option?