Upright Pallet Raised Beds

44K Views
Accessible, earth-friendly and cute gardening on a very tight budget: doable? Yes!
The two most important things to accomplishing that goal are time and a willingness to reimagine things. Pallets are, of course, almost ubiquitous in the DIY world - but that is because of just how versatile they are. These raised beds were super easy to make and really dressed up my fence (which is also primarily made of reclaimed materials.)
  • upright pallet raised beds, container gardening, gardening, pallet, raised garden beds, repurposing upcycling
These pallets are heat treated - something you should keep in mind for any kind of gardening project. Chemically treated pallets have nasty stuff which can leach into the soil and plants, which is no good!
The configuration of these pallets made construction especially easy - with solid fronts and two skids, I just attached the skids to each other via a few screws and turned them on end.
To fill the gap, I took some old bench slats, cut them to size on my miter saw, and screwed them directly to the frame.
After that, fill with soil, add your plants, and voila! I'm thrilled to finally have raspberry canes, and my partner is thrilled that they are securely contained so they won't run all over the place.

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question