Custom Bathtub Frame

$100

When we set out to renovate our bathroom, I wanted the biggest bang for my buck. This project is an ideal way to transform a builders grade bathtub into a custom looking built-in tub.
Here is the before picture. As you can see, it's your typical tub. Follow the steps below to learn how to transform your tub into something HGTV worthy.
First, build the outer frame. For this part, we chose a vinyl product by Azek. The material holds up better to water than wood does. One thing to note is we installed this frame before installing the baseboard trim, so we didn't have to cut out a space for the trim. Assuming you already have baseboard trim up, you'll need to notch out a space for it.
You will need a miter saw to cut the edges at a 45 degree angle, creating the outer rectangular frame. Glue the perimeter pieces together with Liquid Nails.
Once the outer frame is built, insert the beadboard into the center, creating one secure panel. Glue the panel to the side of the bathtub with a silicone adhesive. You will need to secure it with clamps until it is completely dry.
When the adhesive has dried, you can caulk the edges with a silicone based caulk. This gives the panel a seamless look as well as prevents water from seeping in between the bathtub and decorative panel.
Nice upgrade!
I think it gives the bathtub a polished and finished feel.
And on top of that, it's a budget-friendly project!
Read more at: http://www.vintagerefined.com/blog/2015/3/26/custom-bathtub-frame

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Ashley Harding

• Karen Gertis

Where do you find the vinyl product?
  • Susan

Okay, the tub looks nice. When in this "less than $100.00" project did all that nice tile work get done?

• Tracy A. Fening

I really love this look and would like to do it, but my tub has a curve in on either side. Can I still get this look?

• Joanie

Your bathroom is OUTSTANDING. It looks well thought out and good workmanship......enjoy your choice of pleasures in your new room.

• Lynn denns

Beautiful can you tell us where we can purchase all of the items that you used in this project?