Custom Bathtub Frame

$100

When we set out to renovate our bathroom, I wanted the biggest bang for my buck. This project is an ideal way to transform a builders grade bathtub into a custom looking built-in tub.
Here is the before picture. As you can see, it's your typical tub. Follow the steps below to learn how to transform your tub into something HGTV worthy.
First, build the outer frame. For this part, we chose a vinyl product by Azek. The material holds up better to water than wood does. One thing to note is we installed this frame before installing the baseboard trim, so we didn't have to cut out a space for the trim. Assuming you already have baseboard trim up, you'll need to notch out a space for it.
You will need a miter saw to cut the edges at a 45 degree angle, creating the outer rectangular frame. Glue the perimeter pieces together with Liquid Nails.
Once the outer frame is built, insert the beadboard into the center, creating one secure panel. Glue the panel to the side of the bathtub with a silicone adhesive. You will need to secure it with clamps until it is completely dry.
When the adhesive has dried, you can caulk the edges with a silicone based caulk. This gives the panel a seamless look as well as prevents water from seeping in between the bathtub and decorative panel.
Nice upgrade!
I think it gives the bathtub a polished and finished feel.
And on top of that, it's a budget-friendly project!
Read more at: http://www.vintagerefined.com/blog/2015/3/26/custom-bathtub-frame

Ashley Harding

• Tracey

I want to try this but I would like to see the top of the side please.

• Joanie

Your bathroom is OUTSTANDING. It looks well thought out and good workmanship......enjoy your choice of pleasures in your new room.