5 Home Uses for Banana Peels

$.25

Bananas are my go-to breakfast treat every morning. They provide just the right amount of energy to get me through my morning must-dos--aka make coffee, lots of coffee. Aside from providing the body with necessary vitamins, like potassium, here are some pretty cool other uses for banana peels.
5 home uses for banana peels, cleaning tips, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Shoe polish:
Use the inside of the banana peel to polish your shoes by rubbing it around the show, then buffing with a soft white cloth.
Leather cleaner:
Clean leather similar to your shoes. Simply rub the inside of a banana peel on any scuffed leather goods, then follow by buffing with a soft cloth.
Silver polish:
Polish your precious silver with leftover banana peels. Blend the peel with water then gently rub over your silver. Use a soft cloth to wipe clean.
Clean plants:
You heard me. Houseplants get dusty too sometimes! Wipe down each leaf with the inside of a banana peel to remove dust and restore your plant's original beauty.
Plant fertilizer:
Dry out your leftover banana peels by laying them flat on a screen. Once dry, grind them up in a food processor and use as mulch when planting your spring flowers. For established plants, you can simply cut up regular (non-dried) peels and sprinkle them around and in the dirt surrounding your plants.
Sarah Jane Dunaway

• Jill F

Great tips! The inside of a banana peel will also dry out poison ivy and help it go away faster !

• Tina

they're also great to feed your worms! (we have a worm farm!) and they love the bananas and the peels....