Hello Gorgeous! Mirror Makeover With Chalk Paint & Etched Glass Vinyl

$50

I've had this stand-up mirror for years (I *think* it was a gift from my grandma for my 16th birthday....so needless to say, I got it a long time ago!). It's very practical and I use it everyday....but it definitely looks very blah and boring. That honey oak just didn't do much for me. I needed some COLOR in my life.
A little chalk paint and a positive saying in some etched glass vinyl transformed this mirror into a thing of beauty!
hello gorgeous mirror makeover with chalk paint etched glass vinyl, chalk paint, painted furniture
Here's my mirror in all its before-makeover glory (I was too excited to get started and forgot to snap a pic before applying all the painter's tape!). Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special about it either.
I used some chalk-based paint in a bright turquoise color and applied three coats to get nice, even coverage. Then I distressed it a bit and added some vinyl lettering at the end.
I LOVE how this makeover turned out! The mirror went from blah to beautiful and really brightens up our bedroom.
For the full tutorial, visit my blog at http://www.wherethesmileshavebeen.com/hello-gorgeous-mirror-makeover-with-chalk-paint-vinyl/

Where The Smiles Have Been

• Kaytay Lance

I have the same exact mirror I just scratched up pretty bad! On the glass! Do you know anyway to cover it? Maybe frost it or tile? I’ve found nothing! Any ideas would be cool!

• DJ

Wow! My daughter would love this! She has a similar mirror that could use a makeover. Thanks for sharing!

• Roxie Falkner

Tell me about using poly OVET the wax :/ I keep hearing this doesn't work, that the poly won't adhere well, not durable, or flakes off... Ideas? Thanks!! I want to do that on an end table that would get a lot of use :/