Asked on Mar 27, 2015

Upcycling mini jars

ShariEmma RiveraLane
+16

Checking to see if anyone has a suggestion as to what to do with these. Couldn't resist buying them.
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen

So many things you can do with these jars....the first thought though, is to use them to hold a gift....homemade bath salts, candies, loose-leaf tea, flowers, homemade cocoa mix...Decorate in any way or just be simple and tie a few strands of raffia around the top.

• Valerie
    Valerie

Wow! You are lucky to have all of these! My immediate thought would be to use them to make solar lights for the garden. Otherwise glue some gems on them using silicone and also enjoy them in the garden - there are lots of posts on Hometalk on both these ideas. Another idea - make some homemade jam or cookies and give them away as gifts.

• Sandy
    Sandy

my first thought was to clean them up make an awesome shelf just for them out of pallet wood and fill them with fresh dried herbs from the garden or baking stuff maybe candies? there must be a million things you could do?

• Mysty Wytch
    Mysty Wytch

SELL THEM TO ME......I have a Honey guy who sells me the wax from the combs. I make pure 100% bees wax candles.....I NEVER have enough jars.....these would be perfect. What are the size of these jars.......~I'm drooling over these beauties~~

• Diana Costello
    Diana Costello

Make sugar scrubs for gifts.

• Hilda
    Hilda

Fill with different color dried beans, in layers. You can even use spices in different colors. Place a section of a toilet paper roll, tape off top and bottom, and insert in the center of the jar to take up space so you use less decorative items. look around to see what you have...beads, glass drops or maybe even buttons, the items are limitless.

• Diane Fairbanks
    Diane Fairbanks

Turn them into practical AND decorative spice jars for your kitchen.

• Faye Lifford
    Faye Lifford

how about giving one, to those special people in your life? type the One thing, that this person has taught you!

• Susan
    Susan

thank you everyone for all the awesome ideas.

• Rockin’ Redesigns
    Rockin’ Redesigns

I have seen these painted to look like jadeite and they were beautiful. I have the post clipped on my Cheap Repurposed Decor board.

• Lee Cunningham Green
    Lee Cunningham Green

They would be really nice jars to make preserves or jellies as special gifts for people as well. Make a personalized label on them for added charm. They would of course be excellent for candles, candies, or anything else that would fit in them. They are cute.

• Sandy Mahar
    Sandy Mahar

Paint them and us as candles in window sill. Looks great. Make little mini terrariums. Use in bathroom for different epsom salts. Use in kitchen for bulk food or spices. Use in craft area for craft supplies. Use for different pet supplies like treats. Too numerous to say

• Sue Peet
    Sue Peet

They are perfect for displaying either craft supplies like buttons, beads, silk flower blossoms, embroidery thread, etc. Or do you collect pretty seashells, smooth rocks, sea glass, marbles, etc.

• Meem Kaplan
    Meem Kaplan

I just bought 12 similar jars. Mine are square and I bought the IKEA metal basket and rod and hangers to hang them on the wall above the countertops. Herbs and herb gifts is what I will use mine for. I just LOVE them!!!

• Gail
    Gail

I'm unable to see how big these jars are, however I found some like those and now use them as jars for spices. I picked up some blackboard stickers and used a white paint pen to write the spice names and then put the stickers on the jars. Hopefully, these have rubber seals so that the spices stay fresh. I liked mine so much that I got on EBay and found more!

• Carol T
    Carol T

Make gifts of peppermint oil,coconut oil, and sugar hand scrub. Pour mixture in the jars. Recipe found on my Pinterest Board. Tie a thin ribbon and bow around them. Add a seasonal pick and tiny plastic or wooden spoon/spatula found at craft stores and you have a beautiful gift! Huge success!

• Lane
    Lane

If you work with rhinestones and have need to buy in bulk, these little jars would be great to store your different sizes and colors in. I actually bought a large spice rack and store mine in the clear jars. Works great for organizing!

• Emma Rivera
    Emma Rivera

If 3-4 in , salt,peppers and other spices

• Shari
    Shari

Fairy Jars or Wish Jars for cute Lil gifts. I tie them to the outside of presents after layering glitter,confetti, or anything like that or write lil inspirational quotes,or simple positive words on strips of colored post it notes &place them inside& then tie colorful raffia or ribbon to the neck of the jar& tie to a present.