Saint Rooster
Saint Rooster
  • Winston Salem, NC

Distressed Paris Grey Bar Stools

This was a really fun commission! I was given 3 barstools to paint Annie Sloan's Paris Grey and distress with pops of Burgandy and Graphite showing through.
I used not only Dark Walnut stain over top of the paint (because the color was wrong) but also Dark Minwax stain which was fun!
I then sprayed a coat of Polycrylic over the pieces because they will get lots of use!
This was a direct commission so had no say in what the client wanted.
distressed paris grey bar stools, chalk paint, how to, painted furniture, painting
After.
Before.
I layered the chalk paint first so when I put the gray over top of them, they will come through when I sand.
Process.
You can see that the Annie Sloan paint does NOT look like what it said it looked like. So I had to stain over top of the paint in order to make it more brown and more like the Paris Grey sample the client wanted.
I was shocked at how off the color was. I don't use Annie Sloan ever but the client wanted me to.
Saint Rooster

• Louise Adkins

Cute!

• Ezra's Mercantile

We never use color samples from phone or computer. There are too many variables. We can see that in different parts of our store too. Color chips or taking any paint out doors is the way to go. Nice job matching your client's request. 😊