DIY Tea Light Candle Holder

My daughter asked me to make something for her for a school presentation that she had dealing with homemade items. We had some leftover wood from our staircase rebuild, so I asked my husband to cut some of the boards down, route the edges and drill holes for tea lights.
Tea Light with a pecan stain and embossed embelishments
Here are a few of the boards cut with the holes drilled. I took over from there and stained a few of the boards with different stains and painted another one black.
Using small squares of aluminium tooling foil (available at most hobby stores), I quickly hand embossed some patterns.
I attached the embossed patterns using E6000 glue.
My daughter used this one in her presentation. These tea light make awesome gifts.
You can find more information about this and other simple embossing projects on my blog. Hope you'll come over and pay me a visit.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

• Mary
    Mary

Absolutely stunning, and pretty easy too.
  • Linda Hunt
    Linda Hunt

Very inspiring now, where do I find that husband with too many hobbies this enquiring mind wants to know???

In all seriousness these look high end and gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your wee secrets with us who have no artistic skills!

cheers,

Linda