Sabine Schmidt
Sabine Schmidt
  • Hendersonville, TN

$30 Kitchen Island Made With 2x4s

Have you seen how expensive kitchen islands are? Even the small ones cost a fortune. This cute kitchen island is so easy to make. All you need is 2x4s.
30 kitchen island made with 2x4s, diy, how to, kitchen design, kitchen island, woodworking projects
I always wanted a kitchen island so I made this one in just a few hours. The nice man at Lowe's cut all the pieces for me.
I don't own a Kreg Jig so I make my own pocket holes. It's super easy. There is a great tutorial on YouTube.
My dog Billy loves to "help" with projects.
I am getting there. Let me tell you, this kitchen island is sturdy and solid.
I used stain and paint and I added three faux drawers.
If you like what you see, head on over to my blog for a complete tutorial.
Sabine Schmidt

• Bobbi James

can you give deme Simons n measurements I'd love one like this

• Pampack@g

Does it sit on floor securely or are u planing wheels to move about? Since there are faux draws u could cut top wood to hold an display cutting knives to be easy access an safe. I know I have a hard time with storage of large knives storage an multiple knife blocks take up to much useable space for me on my island that is a full built in . I love the shelving an openness of this isle land!

• Stephanie

What are The dimension

• Peggy Armstrong

Been having trouble trying to find two matching freestanding wardrobes for closets in the dimensions needed. I got to thinking.....they are just big boxes with two rods....no shelfs or  drawers......im 62 years old widow.....i can do this. Got plans online and am going to make them myself. Thanks for the inspiration to do so. I have $200 in supplies and i can embelish them and finish them as i please. Handy man wanted $1600 to do this. Smhf.

• Anita Wilson

Good job!