Spice Rack DIY

I knew I wanted something simple that would blend in to the decor/layout of the kitchen pretty seamlessly. So I created shelves that had a platform attached to a brace piece with trim around the outside to keep my jars from sliding off.
I’ve been wanting one for a while. Sadly, I’ve been stashing my spices in a small box on the bottom shelf of my rolling “island” until I could figure something out.
Well, when I was working on my magazine-rack project I worked out a plan to build my spice rack along the side of the upper cabinets. Perfect! They are out of direct sunlight, but still easy to get to.
Here are the shelves before I put them up. The little open space on the left allows for it to fit snuggly onto the outside of my cabinet. If you look at the above pics you can see that the side of the cabinet is set in a little bit.
The little decorative edge adds a bit of a lip (about 1/2 inch) to keep jars from sliding off while still being able to see the entire bottle. Don't forget to check out my Printable spice labels too! http://www.hometalk.com/7875580/spice-labels

Jennifer Tucker

• Singer Lee

How did you make the shelves or did you buy them?

• Jennifer Tucker

Hi Singer Lee, the original website post has complete details for the construction. Thanks for stopping by!