Creating Custom Artwork for Pennies Using Old Dictionaries

51K Views
My cute Plantation Desk needed some artwork to give it some pizazz, but our budget was tight. Here's how you can create your own artwork for just pennies using what you have in your home!
Time: 20 MinutesCost: $5Difficulty: Easy
  • creating custom artwork for pennies using old dictionaries, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
I had an old frame collecting dust in our attic. I disassembled the frame and made sure to carefully separate the mat from the picture to reuse it.
When I go junkin', I'm always drawn to old books, and I've collected quite a few Dictionaries along the way!
This was an Encyclopedia of Dictionaries and it had definitions divided out by categories.
I carefully removed the page using an Exacto knife and cut the page from the binding.
I made sure to find a piece of cardstock that fit the dictionary page since the page itself is flimsy.
I printed a test page of the image I wanted to use to make sure it lined up.
Next, I printed out the image to the dictionary page and pasted it to the cardstock. Then you just assemble your frame and hang it.
I paired the photo with a stack of Dictionary Books and a vintage copper desk lamp.
It took only 30 mins and was super easy.
For more details and other projects like this, be sure to visit my blog at www.notinggrace.com Or you can follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notin.g.race
Noting Grace