DIY Passion
DIY Passion
  • Canada

Old Dresser Gets New Life With Textured Paper!

$50

We bought this sad old dresser online when we needed a quick and inexpensive solution to a storage problem we were having in our bedroom. Fast forward a few months and we're into a full-scale remodel of that room and this dresser definitely needed some updates!
old dresser gets new life with textured paper, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
It's hard to tell in this photo, but it was in terrible shape. Peeling paint, lots of chips and those panel details? They were a bit of a hack job. The glue was visible in places and they were actually crooked! So off they came. They left behind even worse glue stains and damage!
All I knew was that I had purchased these lion head pulls with a gift card and I'd been storing them up for the perfect use. This seemed to be it!
My solution to the drawer fronts that were so damaged by the glue was a simple one. I added textured paper to the fronts. Then some moody purple paint and our lions head pulls to finish it off.
Initially I was going to use this dresser in my closet, but now it's so pretty that I want it in the room in full view!
For more details on how I completed this makeover and on what paint and supplies I used, head to our blog www.diypassion.com :) Thanks for reading!

DIY Passion

• Debi

How did you get the glued panels off of the dresser?

• Holly

Did you use Textured wall paper ?