Garden Herbs

I've had these wagon wheels, bought on a whim, leaning against our storage shed in a small neglected area of our yard forever it seems. I knew it was time to do something here. For a few days I just starred at them and thought how much they looked like clocks, but, I sure didn't have a need for an outdoor clock, much less two clocks, then I remembered seeing various wall gardens online and in magazines. So I decided to give it a try.
I went digging around in the potting shed looking for something resembling clock hands and found these old herb markers. That's when I decided on herb clocks, I knew I needed numbers, so I went shopping and came home with numbers, letters, landscape fabric and burlap. I also bought various herbs and some 12inch coco liners. I wasn't sure how I'd put it all together, but I thought I'd cross that bridge when I came to it.
The letters and numbers have a sticky backing, but I put adhesive on them with a toothpick, since they'll be coming in contact with watering the herbs.
I took the 12 inch coco liners and wrapped them around various spokes and stapled them down, flipping the wheel occasionally to make sure all the pockets would be upright.
I cut two pieces of burlap and a piece of landscape fabric using my wheel as my guide. I sandwiched the landscape fabric between the two pieces of burlap and stapled it all around.
While I was looking for screws to go on the shed wall to hang the clocks, I found these two leftover drawer pulls from another project. Scored!!! My hubby made these wood plugs to go in the center holes of the wheels. Who knew! I would of never thought to do that. He drilled holes in the herb markers and attached the clock hands for me. Don't know what I'd do without him!
I've always been kind of a hit and miss gardener, so not at all sure how these herb clocks will do, but I guess only Thyme will tell. Heheh, so sorry, that was really bad! lol. Our back deck isn't far from this little area, and it's so nice to glance that way now and not cringe.
I've really enjoyed sharing my herb clocks with all of you! Now I have to learn to use herbs. Oh no, that means cooking!

• Michele

These planter/clocks are so adorable. I love the burlap used as backing and the fiber baskets as planters. Thank you for sharing.

• Annie Doherty

What a terrific post, so creative and pretty. Thank you for sharing ❤