DIY Jewelry Holder

A necklace holder was needed to keep jewelry out of the hands of little ones while also providing a decor element to the bedroom. This super easy DIY cost less than $5 and gave my bedroom lots more color by displaying my necklaces! I love how this added so much to the overall look of my room. All you need is a small wood block, hooks, and spray paint!
First, I spray painted some spare wood that was laying around in my garage.
I then used a ruler to make even spaces for the hooks. These are roughly 1/2 an inch apart, but you can really make it however spaced out you like depending on the thickness of your jewelry/
Grab some brass hooks. I chose the gold because I really liked how it looks with the metallic paint, but silver would be fine too if you're going for a different style.
Screw them right into the marks you made on the wood! So simple, no tools needed. The wood may crack a little bit, but that's okay since that part won't be seen at all. Just make sure the hooks are screwed in tightly, but not too tight or more cracking will happen.
Hang up your beautiful new jewelry display! I used hooks from Michael's that screwed into the back. I spray painted both of my jewelry holders so that they matched perfectly.
I love how easy it is to get ready in the morning now!

To see more: http://www.blindsgalore.com/products.asp?id=window-shades/

• DiH.

I did this years ago. Hide it behind the bedroom door nobody will see it
  • Sarah

I like this idea. I'd also like to know how to make the mesh thing next to it, if you know.