Dinner Plate Garden Stake

This was a fun project to do. I've seen these plates in flea markets, so I wanted to make one for my flower garden.
I took one of my blue and white dinner plates and glued a blue and white saucer onto the plate using Silicone. I then attached a clear saucer as well as a small blue vase.
On the back of the plate I glued a bent tablespoon to use as a hook. you now are ready to attach your dinner plate stake inside of a flower pot, or piping. I used piping.

• Dreambbw45

This is the prettiest flower, I've seen so far. Great job!
  • Julie Bisson

Please explain in more detail about the hook and the piping. I got the impression that you hooked the "glass flower" over the side of the pot, but that does not make sense. Do you insert the end of the bent spoon into the piping and then insert that into the pot or the ground???

• 13526476

I've priced similar garden plates in a garden magazine, and none were as pretty as this (or less expensive, I bet) than this. Thank you for a wonderful craft idea for my Girl Scouts.
  • Luisita

I am truly inspired with this idea. This is something my craft class can do and have something to put in their yard to dress up even if it isn't a garden. Perhaps then we will plant some flowers just because of your idea. thanks!