DIY Blanket Ladder For a Baby's Room

$5

I know Winter is gone and we are moving full steam into spring. But I wanted to share with you this blanket ladder I made for two friend's baby showers. OK, I don't know what it is? Maybe its in the water, maybe its just where I am in life, or maybe it was the incredibly cold winter we just wrapped up that had everyone locked indoors, BUT all of my girlfriends are having babies. In March, I had 1 to 2 baby showers each Saturday (ok maybe that was an exaggeration). But its not too far off. I was thinking, 'darn I can't afford all these babies.' What am I going to do?! Then one of my girlfriends texted me a photo of this Pottery Barn blanket ladder that she wanted for her baby. It was $179. You got to be kidding me?! That's just some 2x2 or 1x2 at the most. Either way I'm in the wrong line of business. She asked, 'Can you make this for me?'
My response, 'Yes, I can.'
So for all of you ladies, who might find yourself in a similar situation or you're a mother-to-be dreaming of Pottery Barn decor for your nursery, this DIY is for you.
diy blanket ladder for a baby s room, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, woodworking projects
Make this for $5. You don't have to spend $179 for that.
Not much is needed.
Materials:
2 - 1x3x8 each cut down to 5'
1 - 1x2x8 cut into 5 -15" pieces
10 - 1" pocket screws
Stain or Paint of Choice
Felt bars/stickers
Fine Sanding Paper
Stain then sand before assembling.
And there you have it. A blanket ladder. Truth be told you can even store towels or magazines on this.
Other options include painting it to match the sex of the baby or the decor of the nursery.
ToolBox Divas

• Debi53

Love this idea for my soon to be newborn grandson!

• RichandTammy Whiteside

I'm laughing at this because I made a miniature version of this same thing for my cats to get up to their food. The cats won't use it but it's strong and cute as heck!