Sarah M
Sarah M
  • Carthage, MO

English Tea Pot, Tea Cup and Saucer Garden Stakes

I love...love...love my English Tea Pot Garden Stake!. I found my tea pot at my local Flea Market, then drove to my nearest Hardware Store to buy my threaded floor flange and the 1/2 inch copper piping.
english tea pot tea cup and saucer garden stakes, gardening, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
I used a strong Epoxy glue to glue the threaded floor flange onto the bottom of the tea pot. You also need to glue the lid onto the tea pot so it doesn't fall off.
A 45 degree cooper fitting is then screwed onto the flange and cooper piping.
I glued a crystal teardrop from a Chandelier inside the tea pot spout. For the Tea Cup I glued the cup to the saucer and after it dried, I glued the saucer onto the bottom of a clear flower vase. When the vase was dry, I sat the vase over the cooper stake. The vase gives the saucer more stability.
The finished project! I love how it turned out!...Instead of placing the tea cup and saucer stake directing into the ground, I will be placing it inside a clay flower pot filled with pink Impatient flowers. So looking forward to the this flower bed coming alive in the next few months.

• Diana perry

do you have a video on how to make this out door tea pot.

• Sarah M

No, I don't have a video on how to make the tea pot. I just took pictures of the process.

• Charlotte

Where did you buy the crystal hanging piece??

• Sarah M

@Charlotte I got the piece off of a chandelier.

• Sandra K Salisbury

These crystals can be found in craft stores and thrift shops or on e-Bay. I found a site that sells them inexpensively and there is no shipping cost !

• Valerie

What did you put in your tea cup? I don't want water as it will be breeding grounds for bugs.

• Debra Leech

this is really cute.

• Sandra K Salisbury

I'm in love with this beautiful addition to a garden! One note that I would like to add is: it's a good idea to check the bottom of the teapot to determine if it is a collectible such as 'Saddler', 'Coors', 'Noritake', 'Hull', 'Hall', 'Prince Albert' or 'Limoges'. There are many more American , English, French and German china companies whos products are very collectible. I can't think of any more specific companies right now but you get the idea. Anyway, collectibility may increase the cost of the pot and also make you think better of using that one and looking for a cheaper no-name pot.