Don't Toss Those Old Pots and Pans, Turn Them Into Succulent Planters.

I love the rustic charm of old pans. They make fun planters for succulents. I have an old stove in my garden. It's the perfect place to display my succulent planters.
Old pans make great planters for succulents because they require little watering. They will do well even without drainage holes. I picked this beauty up at a thrift shop for $1.50
I bought a small container of succulents for $6 at Home Depot and then added more hens and chicks from my garden
This unique hen and chick is called, cobweb
Toss some in a double boiler for double the fun. lol! I did put a few crushed soda cans in the bottom of the upper pot. It makes you use less dirt and gives some room for drainage. Or you could easily punch holes.
A Sedum found it's home in an oversized wicker tea cup.
The pots and pans are planted. Now we're cookin!

Jann Olson

• Annie Doherty

What a wonderful post, these succulents look perfect in your up cycled containers so beautiful. This post makes me look at re purposing almost everything, thank you for sharing.

• Jann Olson

Thank you Anne! I love planting in unusual containers. They just make me happy. :)

• Marilyn Hickey

I have a rusty old wood stove sitting under a tree in the backyard. I was going to put out flowering plants in pots, but I love the idea of using old cooking pots for planters(I have some pretty growdy old pots). Using succulents is a perfect idea for a dry climate.

• Jann Olson

Thank you Marilyn, Old pots and pans make such fun planters. The grungier the better! :)