Easy Way to Add Sparkle to a Plain Beveled Edge Mirror: IKEA Hack

My home office is set up in a very dark corner of my apartment living room so to brighten it up, I went looking for a mirror to hang on the back wall to reflect some light. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money and it turns out IKEA had exactly what I needed: the KOLJA mirror. It was the prefect size (24″ x 24″) and the price was right at only $10 but it was so plain, it was calling for an upgrade.
easy way to add sparkle to a plain beveled edge mirror ikea hack, crafts, how to, wall decor
I saw these square rhinestones at a craft store and knew they would be perfect for adding some sparkle to the mirror. They were $2 on sale and all it took was 30 mins to finish this makeover.
I wanted to make this easy and mess free so instead of using glue, I used Glue Dots repositionable dispenser to glue the rhinestones to the beveled edge of the mirror.
It's a small detail but the rhinestones added just the right amount of sparkle and personality!
You can see more details on how I did this project on my blog.
Engineer Your Space

• Joan Stanley

Just enough! Nice!

• Marcia

This just the idea I've been looking for!! I am a renter and have a very similar mirror in my bathroom. I've wanted to do something to the mirror that's not too over the top, this is perfect....thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!!