Beautiful on the Inside - End Table Makeover

For the past few years, I have had the honor of working with a local Habitat for Humanity ReStore doing workshops for their customers. One project I did with them was transforming an end table. I used one of my favorite products on this table, Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan. This is what our end table looked like before, hidden in between all the good pickins’ at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Montgomery County, PA.
One of the things I love about the Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan is that you don’t have to prime. Just get to it! The idea was to cover this yellow with a dark wax, but when I saw how pretty and cheery it was, I just couldn’t do it.
But beauty isn’t only on the outside. Surprise! This glamorous black and white contact paper inside the drawer just adds to her inner beauty.
This little table now could easily match similar items that would retail for hundreds of dollars and still not be the all-wood, solid quality. But this table is all wood with solid construction.
I hope you’ll be inspired to customize timeless pieces like this for your own home. For all my tips on this end table makeover, please visit my website

Darla DeMorrow

• Hannah V

What a charming little table! I love the color!

• Wanda Arganbright

I don't know about the prices where you are, but that table at the Habitat store where I live would price that table at $50-$75. They are so over pricing their stock that they loose business to other thrift stores. I am very disappointed in their store and I have a right to be. I helped start the Habitat Restore here 15 years ago!