Gail@Purple Hues and Me
Gail@Purple Hues and Me
  • Millersville, MD

April Showers, Flowing Flowers - DIY

See how easy it is to make flowers appear to be "flowing" from a pitcher onto a saucer.
I recently found at a thrift store a couple of small pitcher and saucer sets, one hand painted and the other, a small water pitcher and bowl. I knew exactly what I wanted to make with them. I had seen a few floating cups with flowers cascading down to the saucers on the internet and thought using a pitcher would be a
april showers flowing flowers diy, crafts, flowers, how to, repurposing upcycling
Using a heavy duty stem from a faux flower to support the pitcher, I first bent it into L shapes on each end. Then placed E6000 glue into the opening by the spout and allowed it to get tacky before pressing the stem on. I let that dry overnight.
You may want to use hot glue, but it does not have a permanent bond with glass and may pull apart.
Next, I added a dollop of glue onto the saucer, let it get tacky, and pressed the stem onto the saucer. I used an inverted glass to support the pitcher while the glue dried overnight.
Once dry, check the stability of the pitcher and saucer by adjusting the tilt of the pitcher by bending the stem slightly forward until all is balanced. The pitcher "floats" without fear of falling.
Start gluing on the leaves first and then the flowers, arranging them like they are flowing out of the pitcher onto the saucer.
These would look lovely in the kitchen or sunroom and also perfect for gift giving on Mother's Day.
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Amy

Fabulous, thanks for sharing

• Deborah Grey

I have tried this project and love the results. Thank you for the suggestion of the thick flower stem as a support. I use forks for weighted teacups and it is difficult to get it to stick to the glass.