Concrete Planters

A couple of summers ago, I discovered concrete and... I haven't looked back. I love it. These simple concrete planters are easily $40 each at a nursery, but a quick trip to thrift store and the hardware store, and you can make half a dozen of these for... $20? You'll need a handful of plastic containers and some Quikrete.

I love succulents in my concrete planters, but... ANYthing planted in there will work to brighten up your patio!

Materials: a bucket and trowel for mixing, Quikrete, cooking spray and... lots of varying containers. I found all of these at Goodwill for maybe $6?

Succulents ready to plant!
I tried two different tupes of concrete for comparison's sakes: rough and smooth.
I love them both and can't decide which is my favorite!
Every year, these are the first things I plant on our back patio. I love them! Click here to see some of my other outdoor/ garden projects!

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
At Charlotte's House

• Pam
    Pam

I want to make a really large bowl-shaped planter for a short “plant deck” my hubby built for me near our front door. Any ideas where I can get something really big to use for a mold?

• Camille
      Camille

They have great big party buckets that would work fabulously.

• Tlmlr
    Tlmlr

How did you make the hole in the bottom?

• Annie
      Annie

See the corks in the picture next to the empty bowels she found at the thrift store?

• Martha Lytton Van Trees
    Martha Lytton Van Trees

Where are the steps you took to make these? The pictures are nice but there doesn't seem to be any instructions on creating them. Thank you.