Wood Slice Hanging Planter

Make this super easy wood slice hanging planter just in time for spring!
wood slice hanging planter, container gardening, crafts, gardening, how to, woodworking projects
To get started you'll need:
wood slice (I bought mine at Michael's)
sisal rope
flower pot
jigsaw or rotary tool
drill with spade bit
I started by tracing a circle the size of the flower pot onto the wood slice
Then carefully cut out the circle with your jigsaw or rotary tool, sanding down any rough edges as needed
Next you'll use a 3/4" spade bit to make holes for your rope. I used 1/2" sisal rope.
Then insert your flower pot and the sisal rope. Tie a big knot at the top and hang in your desired location!
Check out the blog post to see the full tutorial!
Amanda @ The Hatched Home

• Deb Gallagher

Susan - How thoughtful and kind of you. I am happy you brought the bee problem up. I have plants arriving that will help bees AND BUTTERFLIES. The Monarch butterfly is in great danger also and will benefit from your drinking dish. I am going to set up extra planter dishes with glass stones and keep them in the shady areas. Those stones and the water get hot in the sun. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND COMPASSION.

• Susan

This would look lovely with a clay pot as well. Just make sure your rope is strong enough!