Magazine Holder From A Wine Rack

873 Views
I picked up this wine rack at a yard sale last year. I don't drink wine, but I knew I could find a use for it.
Cost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • magazine holder from a wine rack, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
A few weeks ago, I finally decided that I wanted to turn it into a magazine rack and pen holder. I usually sit in my bed to read and journal, but I just throw all of my stuff in the top drawer of my nightstand. Now I have an extra drawer and a cute magazine holder.
One of the vases fit perfectly in the wine rack, so I decided that could hold my pen collection!
I knew I wanted to use a coral and green because those are the colors I want to use when we paint our bedroom and buy new bedding.
I used masking tape to tape off anything I didn't want to paint. I didn't cover the clear circle pieces because some of them looked pretty gross.
I took my time painting everything because I didn't want the paint to run and it was freezing outside. I would spray a coat and then go inside for 30-45 minutes.
I am very happy with the final results.
Now I just have to get started on my bedroom! You can see the full post on my blog.

To see more: http://www.faithfullyfree.com/diy-magazine-holder/

Ask the creator about this project