DIY Gift Baskets

1.1K Views
Hand-made and designed gift baskets. The best gift you can give is the one you made yourself.
  • diy gift baskets, container gardening, crafts, gardening, homesteading
There is nothing like a hand-made gift basket. And your imagination can run the gambit when putting it together. These gifts test the limits of your own creativity because you add your own style. A gift that will always be remembered. Most gift baskets will take less than thirty minutes to put together. Less time than it takes to get in your car and go shopping at the mall.
Instead of giving flowers to a friend, consider a window box filled with fragrant herbs. This would be a welcomed gift for an apartment dweller or as a starter garden for a new home owner. As a home gardener, I love having fresh herbs at my finger tips, and did you know that many herbs actually grow better in containers than in a garden? Basil, Sage, Parsley, chives, and Rosemary will do well in a windowsill with at least six hours of sunlight a day.
Baskets in all shapes and sizes. Shop the thrift stores, yard sales, Michaels, roadside stands and even local farms. Sometimes they throw away berry baskets you can wash them and then leave in the sun to dry. My husband has made me a few from old palates he has come across.

To see more: http://pineridgehills.com/

Ask the creator about this project