Vintage Doily Bowls

Please visit my blog for the complete tutorial. This is just a brief description of the process. http://www.refreshliving.us/2015/04/vintage-doily-ombre-bowls.html
I purchased these old doilies at an estate sale for a couple of bucks. Someone obviously made these by hand, and they are adorable! I used a couple of them to make these little catch-all bowls. I think you could put jewelry, loose change, or even candy in them. They'd be great gifts for mother's day and you could have the kids help to make them.
Please visit my blog for the complete tutorial. Thank you!
Please visit my blog for the complete tutorial. Thank you!!

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Jenny @ Refresh Living

• Barbara54

where do you buy the fabric stiffener?

• Skrizzo

I used Elmer’s glue and water to stiffen crocheted bells for Christmas. They can be washed and restiffened.

• Melodi Whitaker

Do you think this would work with vintage handkerchiefs? I have a bunch of my Mom's pretty hankies and thought this might be a good way to preserve one for each of my sisters.
    • Ilene

Have a doiley that belonged to Hub's Aunt. I painted the underside of the glass on a small Victorian cocktail top. I put the doily under the painting when I replaced the glass. I enjoy her gift all the time. Also have hankies I want to do something with. Plenty of wonderful ideas from the Hometalk Family. Stay healthy & safe!

• Linda Abate

These doily dishes make such a great gift, especially if they are made from heirloom pieces that once belonged to a mom or grandmother. Awesome way to say Happy Mother's Day.

• Nancy Still

I remember living across the street from my aunt. She had huge doilies. She placed Coke bottles around the outer edges to make big ruffles. Of course it was easily done with mega amts of starch. I always had a wonderful time with her.