Fabric Covered Cardboard Boxes

Like any mom worth her salt, I spend most of January frantically organizing all. the spaces. This year our mudroom was at the top of my hit list. It's very small, too small for a family of six, and the storage options consist of two tiny cabinets, and a shelf about eighteen inches from the ceiling on three walls.
That shelf was a MESS. I needed some way to corral the clutter, and I needed it fast. I said "frantic", remember?
AND I needed it free. So I stalked the copy room at work and snagged several copy paper boxes, like this.
I used some canvas drop cloth, leftover from my many drop cloth drapery projects, and lots of hot glue to cover the boxes. No measure was involved, I just sat the box on the fabric, folded, trimmed, and glued.
After the boxes were covered, I spray painted three plastic frames that I found at the dollar store.
I used some think cardboard scraps to make mini chalkboards.
A little more hot glue to attach the chalkboard and frame to the box, and I had some stylish storage for my mudroom.
Kimm at Reinvented and RoadKill Rescue

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 28 comments
Next