Fabric Covered Cardboard Boxes

Like any mom worth her salt, I spend most of January frantically organizing all. the spaces. This year our mudroom was at the top of my hit list. It's very small, too small for a family of six, and the storage options consist of two tiny cabinets, and a shelf about eighteen inches from the ceiling on three walls.
That shelf was a MESS. I needed some way to corral the clutter, and I needed it fast. I said "frantic", remember?
AND I needed it free. So I stalked the copy room at work and snagged several copy paper boxes, like this.
I used some canvas drop cloth, leftover from my many drop cloth drapery projects, and lots of hot glue to cover the boxes. No measure was involved, I just sat the box on the fabric, folded, trimmed, and glued.
After the boxes were covered, I spray painted three plastic frames that I found at the dollar store.
I used some think cardboard scraps to make mini chalkboards.
A little more hot glue to attach the chalkboard and frame to the box, and I had some stylish storage for my mudroom.

Kimm at Reinvented and RoadKill Rescue

• Nor5454429

How do you get the fabric corners so perfectly?

• Mostly trial and error. :) If you could see all four corners, there are probably 2 variations. I folded the fabric on itself so the raw edge wouldn't show and glued everything down well with hot glue. Make sure to cut off excess fabric so that the "seams" lie flat. Hope that helps!

• J

How does the inside of the box look? Do you finish it with another piece of fabric or just the edges of the outside fabric?

• Hubernancy49

Great idea for all the boxes being delivered. Why use hot glue over regular glue.