How to Clean an Area Rug With Steam

$3

After a long winter, the area rug in my mud room needed a good cleaning. With the help of oxi clean and the HomeRight SteamMachine it was clean in no time.
Look at how dirty the rug is on the left before the oxi clean and the steamer. I was amazed at how quickly the SteamMachine left the rug looking clean and fresh.
All that salt, mud and grime that comes in throughout the winter really made this rug look dirty.
First I sprayed the really dirty areas of the rug with oxi clean, then went over the rug a couple times with the SteamMachine floor attachment with a microfiber cloth attached to it.
Just a few minutes later the rug looked much cleaner. You can read all the details on our blog. www.homeright.com/blog

To see more: http://www.homeright.com/blog/how-to-clean-an-area-rug

• Judy Walding

Was about to roll my rug up for a trip to the cleaners. Will certainly give this a try. We have dogs and they track in everything! Thanks for this tip.

• Judy Walding

@Judy Walding I'm not good with pictures but I'm telling you, IT WORKED! Very pleased with the results. Thank you. I didn't rent a steamer, I used my little steam mop. I'm sure it would have been better with steamer but you'd be surprised how much my little mop got up. I love my steam mop, works great.

• Whomping Willow

HomeRight SteamMachine and HomeRight in your blog address, is this ad?

• HomeRight

@Whomping Willow This is a blog post that we did on how to clean an area rug. Sorry you feel like it is an ad. This is an actual project that we did.