DIY Brush Stroke Pots

My kitchen window in front of my sink needed a little brightening up. I've seen "brush stroke" type crafts on Pinterest, and I thought it'd be the perfect thing to add to some pots for some more color. They look adorable in my window!
You'll need the following materials.
First, I painted my terra cotta pots white. Once dry, I painted the top "rim" of the pots with a different color.
Then, using a paint brush, I painted "brush strokes" around the pot in different colors until I was satisfied with the coverage.
I sealed the pots with a clear gloss, and planted some cute little succulents. They're the perfect pots!
I also just recently added a matching terra cotta saucer underneath to catch any water drainage, painted to match the color of the rims.
For more details, visit my blog!

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Everything Red For Canada Day
Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness

• Debbie Testin
    Debbie Testin

Seeing that terra cotta is a porous material fit u seal the inside of the pot before you planted?

• Michelle
    Michelle

What type of paint did you use?

• Ann
      Ann

She used acrylic paint. It's inexpensive and can be purchased at Walmart or any arts and crafts store.

• Debbie
    Debbie

Can’t wait till I get home o do this

!btw I used flowered fabric and decoupaged my pots

• Ann
    Ann

I've always loved painting clay pots. One mistake I made was coating it with Modge Podge, hoping the paint would last longer. I don't recommend this because once you begin to water your plants the paint will start to bubble out from the moisture that gets trapped in even after it's dry. 🤦🏻‍♀️