Rescued Furnishings
Rescued Furnishings
  • Saint Louis, MO

Pergola Shade on the Cheap!

We needed additional shade desperately for our brand new pergola! I didn't want to spend a lot of money and one simple trip to Menard's got me exactly what I needed!
pergola shade on the cheap, decks, outdoor living
I really didn't want to use fabric because I knew it would get moldy and gross super quickly.
These 4' x 15' long canvas drop cloths were perfect. They were almost the full length of the pergola and with two of them almost half of the pergola is in shade during the hottest part of the day! The best part was that they have a plastic membrame on the back side and they are extremely durable.
Looks pretty good, huh?!?! Shade for $30! I'll take it!

To see more: http://rescuedfurnishings.com/blogs/rescued-furnishings/18220469-cheap-shade

• Michaelene Upton

Mine's more of a comment I did this very same thing use the same material and it worked wonderful until we got hail. I have a holy canopy. But I will try again. It did work really well for about a month

• Kat

Some of the cloths have grommets at the end and you can use bungee cords. Just use a complimentary color or white. That’s what I am doing for my apartment so I can take it down when I leave.