DIY Lamp Makeover - Changing the Shape Of This Lamp Base 4 Ways

I have been searching for a lamp for my desk, but what I have seen that I like is too expensive. I came up with a way to remake an existing lamp by making lamp base covers using some unusual supplies. I could affix these covers to the lamp, but I like the idea of being able to switch them out.
diy lamp makeover changing the shape of this basic lamp 4 ways, diy, how to, lighting, repurposing upcycling
Here is the original lamp. Nothing wrong with it, other than I wanted a different look for my desk lamp. Sure I could spray paint it and call it finished, but I what I really wanted was a different shape.
For the First Makeover I used 2 lucite serving bowls I picked up at the dollar store.
Using a dremel tool, my husband cut out the bottom of each bowl.
I spray painted the bowls gold. Used super glue to glue them together and slide them over the existing lamp base. But I wasn't finished yet.
Using a piece of cardboard I made a triangle template. I took a white paint marker and traced the template to make a simple pattern to add some visual interest.
This makeover cost me $2.00 as I had the rest of the supplies on hand.
For the next cover - I used a Quaker Oats container. Perfect for a pillar lamp!
I cut a hole in the bottom for the blub socket to slide through.
I covered the container with silver thumb tacks. I used 5 boxes of thumbtacks that I picked up for $1.00 each at the Dollar Store.
This faux hammered metal lamp cover cost $5.00.
My next lamp base cover was made using the cardboard from an empty case of Diet Coke.
This beautiful triangular base was so easy. You will find more details for this lamp base cover on my blog.
Lamp base cover #4 was made again with an empty oatmeal container.
Pop over to my blog for details on this lamp base cover and more specifics on the other 3 makeovers.
I like to challenge myself and this was such a fun project to do that with! Now I just need to decide which lamp base cover to use first!
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

• Margie Spenser

Why can't I see any lamp bases?

• Starryia Rigby

Was the lamp shade a project too if so please share,thank! I love this idea! I have several that need a makeover yea I could just paint them but same lamp different color...this will make them look like totally different pieces.

• Monique

Home made is always so delightful because it's done from the heart and careful skill . Your lamps are beautifully done! Happy thanksgiving to you and yours

• Penny

You have very nice lamps and they are easy & very affordable they look like high priced lamps going to make so and put my own style on them with all kinds of ways glam one too for my granddauther thanks again