Baking Sheet Into Serving Tray: a FREE Transformation

$0

What is better than repurposing materials you've already got into something even better than before? Not much!
That is exactly what I did when I turned my old, stained cookie sheet into a beautiful, chippy serving tray for my guest bedroom.
Gold leaf turned this sheet from drab to fab, and now I've got a custom piece of decor to make my guest bedroom just a little more special for our visitors.
Can you believe this project was totally FREE?!
It took me less than half an hour to complete this transformation, and now I have a completely unique serving tray that is just as pretty as anything you'd buy in a store.
So the next time you are consider tossing one of your old baking sheets, think again! You may just be able to turn it into something both beautiful and practical!
For the full tutorial, visit my blog, Home on Hidden Oaks.
Thank you!

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Home on Hidden Oaks

• Kathy
    Kathy

What happens when it gets washed?

• Jewellmartin
      Jewellmartin

A tray like this would be dusted with a soft cloth, possibly never washed. but if something were spilled on it, a gentle wash in warm water would be worth a try. If a section gets rubbed off, you could use another sheet or strip of gold leaf to repair it. Best wishes 😇
  • Ronna Blackley
    Ronna Blackley

I want to know how they did this?: any ideas? The coloring is what I am looking for, can you tell if it is paint?

• Cheryl Clements
      Cheryl Clements

@Ronna Blackley:

It is done with gold leaf paper transfer. Go to the blog from the link given at the end, just click on "GO".

"Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!"

Happy crafting!

• Donna W
    Donna W

Where do I get the materials least expensive and how do I start?