DIY Built in Shelf {the Easy Way} Tutorial

I got this shelf at RC Willey's, a local furniture store, in their scratch and dent department. It has actually been with us through 3 moves and always found itself in some odd corner or the basement if there wasn't a corner. But I have always loved this piece, so I hung on to it and I am so glad I did. When we moved I shoved it in this corner but it just looked out of place, like it was calling for a
diy built in shelf the easy way tutorial, how to, painted furniture, shelving ideas, wall decor
Here is the before
And here is the new shelf all built in. To build this shelf in only took a few hours and the results are outstanding. Instead of this being a sad shelf in the corner it is now a focal point to the room.
First I put it up on the base boards and my husband screwed it in to the studs.
Second I framed in the bottom. To see the finishing touches head over to my blog!!
Brooke @ Start at Home

• RJ Baetig

I'd like to try it, but it's a bit hard when the whole project isn't on here!

• K. Rupp

I love this! Great job. I want to do something similar in my dining room.