Guest Room Makeover

$100
1 Week

We have a spare bedroom in my house that is a convenient place for guests. And it was in a sad, sad state. It is at the top of the stairs and one of the first rooms that people look at when going upstairs and I was always really embarrassed of it. So now that I have completely transformed this room, I am super proud to show people my mad skills!

This was the before picture! I told you it was embarrassing! Just an afterthought of a room.

I created a grid trimmed wall for a focal point and put the bed against it. I chose a navy blue and pink color scheme for this room because I just love those two colors together.

The rest of the walls got a board and batten treatment with a navy blue color above. The paint I chose was Benjamin Moore's Hale Navy.

I made the navy blue pillows with fabric from Hobby Lobby and the pink floral is a designer pillow from Etsy.

I also refinished all the furniture in this room, although 90% of it was refinished last year. I did the chair for this room, the blue paint is more Hale Navy and I made a custom upholstered French Country style seat.

I found the art from Home Goods and Walmart, the Better Homes and Gardens line.

I also spray painted my old headboard pink.

That cute sunburst mirror in the middle is BHG at Walmart, as are the curtains and the lamp.

That side table is an old stool I jazzed up in raspberry pink and gold for my daughter's nursery last year. Her room is getting a face lift also.

One more side by side comparison--what a difference!

14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Honeybear Lane

• Judy
    Judy

How high up the wall did you start the first board for the board & batten, and what type of boards did you use? I want this exact look for my dining room.
  • Heather
    Heather

What color paint is on the wall? And who makes it? Thank you!!

• Susan
      Susan

It stated that the paint color was Benjamin Moore’s Hale Navy. It didn’t say what color the white was. Hope this helps. Happy holidays