How to Create a Accent Wall With Cedar Plank Fencing!

I love all the old rustic walls I've seen on Hometalk and HGTV, so my husband took it a step further and absolutely amazed me with how creative he got! He got some inexpensive plank fencing from a local home improvement store and aged it with balsamic vinegar and a steel wool pad that had soaked for about for about 4 weeks in a mason jar.
First thing he did was took a ceiling tile we got from Lowes, I had used Modern Masters Metal Effects paint on it a while back, and Mr. Mark said he had been thinking about what to do with it and WOW did he ever! He used adhesive to apply it to the wall and then built the wood around it!
Before Modern Masters Paint.
Look how this MMP took it from new to old in no time! For more on this paint, visit www.modernmasters.com
AFTER!
Planks were measured, cut and ready to screw onto wall!
Mr. Mark, screwing in the planks! He used black drywall screw's to keep it rustic!
After planks were up, he then framed out the tile in the center and added some embellishments to make it all come together!
As he always says, "BAM" another great job from Mr. Mark! I told him he totally blew this one out of the park! Thanks honeybun!

• Susan Snow-Plank

This looks great! Just to be sure I've got this right...I buy a jug of apple cider vinegar, or is it balsamic vinegar? Then I stick a steel wool pad in the vinegar and leave it in there for how long? Then brush this mixture on the planks. That's it they are ready to go?
    • Rita

You can use any kind of vinegar to soak your steel wool. You can also brew some black tea and include it. Make sure you use a glass jar and leave the top off for a few days. After a couple of weeks it should be ready to use. You can leave it longer if you like. I usually strain it and pour it in a different jar and seal it up. It reacts differently and turns different colors on each wood type due to the amount of tannins in the wood.

• Bettye Martinez

I love the wall but I really love your mantel. Where did you score that cutie?
  • Lisa

How much will it cost for all of the materials???

• Debbie Drum

i wouldnt glue the tile to the wall..make a frame and hang it ..otherwise looks nice..

• Rita

Same thing I was thinking. That way you can change it up. I like change. lol