Tool Shed to Craft Room!

$250

I turned my garden shed into a craft room because there was no room for a dedicated work space in my home!
The 8x12 shed
The 8x12 shed
8x12 tool shed in the garden.
We painted the walls, hung a shop light, and put down peel and stick vinyl flooring!
tool shed to craft room, craft rooms, crafts, organizing, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
put in display shelving, and installed counters.
Dowels resting on hooks on the walls hold spools of ribbon, and the display case shelves are perfect for plastic bins full of supplies.
The top half of an entire wall is pegboard for vertical storage.
I used a bookshelf full of storage drawers, boxes and bins holding more craft goodies!
a refinished desk and chair in their own cozy sewing corner with more pegboard storage to optimize the small space available.
For lots more pictures of the process and more information such as how we heat and cool the shed during the warm and cold months visit the blog link below!
Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• Jilletta Jarvis

What about in the winter? Do you have to bring your supplies inside the house? I want to do this but I live in New England so am thinking I'd need to insulate.... Just wondering if you can use the space during your cold months

• Amy3721795

Does it have to be on a slab? My husband says yes but it looks like you put plastic down to stop moisture. My mom suggested I use patio blocks.

• Amy our shed is not on a slab, it's raised off of the ground on ties. We don't live in a high moisture area. I was working with a shed that was already there, but if I were building one from the start I would probably put it on a slab.

• Does it have heat and air? Here in Michigan it would be to cold in winter and to hot in summer, so it wouldn't get used much....but it is beautiful!

• A great question Patricia the answers are discussed in detail through the blog link in the article. The short answer, yes there is heat and air but living in a mild climate neither are used for more than a few months in the year.

• Thank you Ellen! I still love my desk even two years later. I spend hours there! Hopefully someday you can have that dream space of your own!

• Martha Buelna

Love this space!! I actually have a small space in my back yard, that I think would be perfect! I love to scrapbook and I don't really have the space inside my home. This would be perfect! you said cost was $250? was that just the shed? my space is just a dirt piece, what would I have to do? do I need slab or put something else down to sustain and keep dry? your tips would be appreciated! I really would love something like this :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful space!

• Racenfox21

if you had the know how they have some nice plans to make sheds out of pallets I would look around and ask for free pallets. youtube is great to learn to do stuff