Tiled Bathroom Mirror Frame - No Grout!

$50.00

I wanted to add a little color and some character to the kids bathroom without a lot of cost, time or mess! I put a glass mosaic tile border around it without using any grout!
tiled bathroom mirror frame no grout, bathroom ideas, how to, tiling, wall decor
The plain generic mirror before! I purchased five sheets of mosaic tiles from Lowes. The green color I wanted was around $7 per sheet. I wanted the border 3 tiles deep. The builder grade mirror is 41"x60" and it is glued to the wall without the use of mirror clips.
I used this amazing glue Loctite Power Grab (affiliate)! You can find it by the caulk but no caulk gun is required for use! I was able to squeeze a small (it did not take much at all!) dot of glue onto each tile and just press it to the mirror. The glue stuck fast, I did not have to tape any tiles to make them stick. This glue starts white, but dries completely clear. I peeled the tiles off their sheet and stuck them on one by one. This part took the longest, but was still reasonable!
After the glue was dry I taped off the tiles, and the mirror and used bathroom grade white caulk. The tape keeps the caulk line clean, just remove it as soon as you've smoothed out your caulk don't let it dry with the tape on you'll just remove the whole caulk line taking it off then.
Neat and tidy, no grout to mess with!
Added a little paint to the wall while I was at it, and some towel hooks rather than the bar. It's a whole new bathroom now for a very minimal cost!
Next on the list of things needing updated is that awful floor!
The rest of the budget bathroom makeover details can be found in the blog link below :)
Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• Susan

Is there any grout between the tiles or are they just butted up against one another? Also does the caulk prevent you from seeing the back side of the tile itself in the mirror? Thanks

• Kathrine Anderson

Yes - I am wondering what the caulk is for - same as Susan's question. Thank you. Great idea!

• Mae

Love, love your shower curtain, where can I purchase one??

• Amber

I have a hideous Gold-yellow metal fame. Any way to change the color w/o destroying integrity of mirror?

• Dxfrye

I wonder if this couldn't be done on a thin wood frame made out of luan & mounted with command strips (velcro based, removable) for a rental space

• MF

Wow! What a difference! - I used the peel and stick tiles in two colors for my bathroom floor and it turned out beautiful and was a nice easy inexpensive update.