Tiled Bathroom Mirror Frame - No Grout!

$50.00

I wanted to add a little color and some character to the kids bathroom without a lot of cost, time or mess! I put a glass mosaic tile border around it without using any grout!
tiled bathroom mirror frame no grout, bathroom ideas, how to, tiling, wall decor
The plain generic mirror before! I purchased five sheets of mosaic tiles from Lowes. The green color I wanted was around $7 per sheet. I wanted the border 3 tiles deep. The builder grade mirror is 41"x60" and it is glued to the wall without the use of mirror clips.
I used this amazing glue Loctite Power Grab (affiliate)! You can find it by the caulk but no caulk gun is required for use! I was able to squeeze a small (it did not take much at all!) dot of glue onto each tile and just press it to the mirror. The glue stuck fast, I did not have to tape any tiles to make them stick. This glue starts white, but dries completely clear. I peeled the tiles off their sheet and stuck them on one by one. This part took the longest, but was still reasonable!
After the glue was dry I taped off the tiles, and the mirror and used bathroom grade white caulk. The tape keeps the caulk line clean, just remove it as soon as you've smoothed out your caulk don't let it dry with the tape on you'll just remove the whole caulk line taking it off then.
Neat and tidy, no grout to mess with!
Added a little paint to the wall while I was at it, and some towel hooks rather than the bar. It's a whole new bathroom now for a very minimal cost!
Next on the list of things needing updated is that awful floor!
The rest of the budget bathroom makeover details can be found in the blog link below :)
Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• Meclaremont

I'm curious why you didn't use adhesive sheets of tile?

Thank You!

Mary Ellen

• Mde31073290

I used adhesive tiles once...and it wasn't even in a bathroom with dampness that would affect the adhesion. After a while, the edges turn up...the adhesive just isn't good enough to have any staying power. I can only imagine that it would be even worse in the dampness of the bathroom.

• Rosy

What did you use to clean the mirror before adhering the tiles.

• Jelly Marie

Serious, but rookie DYIer, question: I know I am somewhat ignorant, but I DO have clips on my mirror. Could I just not skip the immediate area around the clips? Overall, the big pic effect would be the same; slight areas omitted, but would it look that bad?